Sunday, September 28, 2008

A Video With Eddie Vedder Singing About The Goddamn Cubs

A lady friend of mine told me the other day that it was her working theory that all men were slightly autistic in that we fixate on things that don't much matter such as sports and baseball stats due to an impaired ability to relate to women or otherwise get in touch with our emotions.

That's certainly why I watch sports. And her point would be?

With all that in mind, my brother John turned me on to this video a week or so ago. John has been queer for the Cubs for about 25 years for reasons that are beyond me. He even named his son Clarke Addison after the intersection where Wrigley Field is located although one would have thought that someone as "eat up" with the Cubs as John is would have gotten the spelling of Clark Street correctly.

ANyway, I want the Cubs to win for a couple of reasons. The Cubs, like the New Orleans Saints and the Vanderbilt Commodores, have been so dreadful for so long that it would be nice to actually witness any one of them winning a championship just so I can say in all honesty that I have seen it all.

Secondly, I would like the Cubs to win for no reason other than it just might cause the most narcissistic fan base in sports-worse than the Red Sox even-to finally STFU.

Enjoy. I gotta run. The Sports Reporters are about to come on.

PS...Do the Razorbacks suck or what?

No comments: