Monday, September 01, 2008

OK...So Bristol Palin Is Pregnant

The teen aged daughter of of Republican VP candidate Sarah Palin is 5 months pregnant. She is 17. She is going to have the baby and they say she is going to marry the father who is known only as Levi.

This is overkill. The fact that she is going to have the baby is commendable. This is her choice. Getting married? I have my doubts that this will happen once the election is over.

What do I think? I think that kids do what kids do. They experiment with things they ought not to fool around with. That's certainly what I did. And that's what you did. Doesn't matter who you parents are. As Barack Obama pointed out, his Mother was 18 when she had him.

I'm just sorry that this girl is the focus of so much attention. And if McCain knew about this, as has been said, why appoint the Mom? I mean, it's cool but nobody is going to find this out? It's not nearly on the level of cynicism of the Elizabeth Edwards and John Edwards thing.

I take that back. If you know that your teenage daughter is pregnant when you are offered the appointment, how on God's green Earth can you put such pressure on your kid?

That poor kid. That's my take on it.

No comments: