Sunday, September 28, 2008

The Real Story About My Nephew's Name

My brother John called to correct the record about the previous post.

" I know perfectly well that the Clark Street in Chicago doesn't have an "e" after the "k," he said, in a telephone interview held earlier Sunday afternoon. " I never told Amy why I liked the name Clark Addison because she would have never stood for having her kid named after the intersection where Wrigley Field sits. She finally told me that she would go along with the name if we could add an "e" to Clark.

I couldn't very well say no without spilling the beans so I went along with it. It wasn't until one of our Virginia Beach neighbors who was a Cubs fan came over to see the new baby. He went on and on about how cool it was that we named him after Wrigley Field's address.

Boy. You should have seen the daggers that got stared into me from across the room when she heard that."

Oddly enough, I feel better now. I mean, if you are going to name a Southern kid Clarke you might as well name him Trevor or something else to justify the ass-kickings he is going to take over his name.

Clarke got his name so Amy wouldn't find out about the Cubs angle until after the Certificate of Live Birth got signed.

And that my friends, is a perfect John story.

1 comment:

Polycarp said...

My plans to name a child Chavez Ravine came to naught.