Wednesday, July 16, 2008

Why I Hate Golf

I have been playing golf now for 10 years or so. I have seen a hole-in-one and I came close to making one myself about a month ago. My brother John is a scratch golfer. He had a golf scholarship in college. He has never made a hole-in-one. My buddy PM plays to about a 2 handicap. He has made a hole-in-one. But he was playing by himself so it doesn't count. Besides, it was a range ball that he found on the tee box which would have looked stupid on a trophy.

I was talking to my friend Peter today. Peter III has just taken up the damn sport. Has played maybe 5 times.

You guessed it. Last week young Peter made a hole-in-one. Said it was a short par-3. He hit the front of the green and it rolled right in. Which is how you are supposed to do it.

I hate golf.

1 comment:

Polycarp said...

No, golf hates you.