Friday, June 06, 2008

Mark Your Calendar

Here's the latest doomsday cult that hit the radar of the media. As I think I understand it, the world is supposed to end Thursday.

Well, my response to that is, with all due respect to the leader of this bunch of weak minded sheep: Jesus, or the Jesus that the people who wrote about Him, hell, somebody got it wrong. Jesus preached that the Kingdom of God was at hand. The early Christians went about doing their mighty works and suffered much tribulation secure in the hope that the end was near. You can make a good case, and a lot of smart people have, that this was the sort of information that the Son of God might have been clued in on.

And unless I missed something in the papers, it hasn't happened. Somebody was wrong.

So I am betting on the under on this one.

No Sunday Feeling this weekend. Off to the family reunion up in the country. Will return soon unless lightning hits me after I push : "publish post."

No comments: