Sunday, October 21, 2007

I Got A Nikon Camera. I Love To Take Photographs.


I went to the Jewish Food Festival down at the River Market today for the first time. It was a lot of fun. There were booths set up where you could get arts and crafts and there were other displays where one could learn about Jewish culture. A band was playing while I munched my pastrami. The refrain they sang sounded to my ears like "bomb the Golan Heights" until I realized they were singing in Hebrew, a language that ranks right up there with German in it's non-musicality.
The food that I sampled there was wonderful and the folks serving it up couldn't have been nicer. As tasty as it was, very little of it could be considered remotely good for you with the possible exception of the matzoh ball soup. As someone once said, "I love Jewish food. The problem is 72 hours later I'm hungry again." But you don't go to a food festival to eat carrot sticks.
I ran into my little friend Lily who was there with her mom and her older brother. Lily, who as you can see is painfully shy and withdrawn, could pass for a little Jewish girl with her dark eyes and brown hair. However, in point of fact, she is as Lutheran as Garrison Keillor.
Well. Maybe not that Lutheran.
Anyway, it was a beautiful day with great food served by wonderful people. Despite all of our problems, Little Rock is basically a cool place.

No comments: