Wednesday, October 03, 2007

Getting Back To The Middle

I am a tired boy. The real job has been really rock and roll. That's OK. It makes the day go fast. But the last thing I want to do is look at a computer screen. As I am doing right now. So I will be brief except for a couple of observations.

My body is about as worn out as my brain. I have joined a new gym. I am doing the trainer thing. He is doing his best to kill me although he assures me that I am making progress.

Back to the subject at hand....2 or 3 folks have e-mailed me over the last couple of posts. They want to know how "V' is doing. They want to know about Russell. Most incredibly, they suggest that I should have been a therapist in a former life.

Ha. It is to laugh. I am completely and utterly inept when it comes to relationships.

Here is what I told one reader who has struggled with working things out with her husband. Life is a metaphor for sports so here we go. This is what I told her.

There is a saying in tennis. " The center of the court is wherever you are." This means that if you get jerked way wide you need to bounce on your feet wherever you are at until the ball is hit. Then go. Go like hell.

You may lose the point but you won't get wrong-footed or get it hit at as you yaddayadda back to the middle. Try to put a stick on it. Make 'em hit another ball.

Keep your dignity. Work your way back to the middle of your court.

Fight your way back to the middle on your terms if you can.

"V" is fine by the way. As far as I know.

No comments: