Thursday, September 06, 2007

Aw hell....


New Orleans Mayor Ray Nagin, in a rare attack of sense, has decided not to run for governor of Louisiana.
I am low sick. I enjoy Louisiana politics because I don't have to live there. The goddamn place is a complete corrupt banana republic. I mean no disrespect to banana republics.
Anyway, I would have enjoyed hearing Willy Wonka explain away his most recent insane statement that the high murder rate down there keeps the NOLA "brand" in the public eye. Like this is a good thing.
Oh well.....
We still have Congressman Bobby Jindal in the race. He once particpated in an exorcism. No kidding. More on that later. I'm running out of gas. According to a nurse I consulted, I am coming down with either the flu or strep. Perfect.
Maybe I could use an exorcism.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

should be required to read the August issue of National Geographic. It is decidedly the finest study of New Orleans historical floods and geography plus politics that caused the impossible-to-fix scenario that allowed Katrina to trash the joint.
Very well done and a very good read!
Dave in the Ozarks