Thursday, October 20, 2011

Vox Populi: Message In A Bottle

Yesterday I got a card from a lady friend I haven't heard from in awhile.  The outside of the card said "When was the last time you did something for the first time?"  Inside, she described the piece I did for the paper about retirement as "a major housecleaning."   She went on to write:

"The best way to predict your future is to create it."

"Sometimes the hardest role to play is yourself."

"You can't get to a place that you don't believe exists."

"Do or not do.  There is no try.  Yoda said that."

Finally, "Don't close the door completely.  Just find another one to kick in."

Do or not do.  Find another door to kick in. 

The lady knows me. 

And I know that I am very fortunate that my universe still has people like her in it while I "clean the house."

Very fortunate.  And humbled beyond measure by all of this kindness. 

I'm lucky.  I know it.  I do not take it for granted.

And I think I owe somebody lunch. 

No comments: