Wednesday, October 12, 2011

Vox Populi: Don Checks In

My law school buddy Don called yesterday to see how my new and interesting legal problems were going.  As usual, the conversation devolved into slanderous commentary.

Don:  You know, you having all of this free time nowadays is worrisome to those of us that know you best.

Me:  How so?

Don:  Well, Grandmother used to say that idle hands are the devil's workplace.  We are all waiting for you to do something stupid.

Me:  Actually, idle hands are the devil's tools.  An idle mind is the devil's workplace.

Don: So, that would mean that you have a "two-fer" going for you.

Me:  I guess so.  Yes. 

Don:  This is hardly reassuring. 

Me:  Don't you have anything better to do than to pester me?

Don: Not at present, no.

Me:  Well, I do.  I'm going to use these idle hands in the service of a round of golf. 

Don:  Even you can't get in to too much trouble out there.  I will be able to sleep tonight.  Bye.

Me:  Bye.

No comments: