Friday, October 07, 2011

Vox Populi: The Catholic Educator

I was out taking a walk early this morning when my buddy Steve pulled over.  I noticed he was not in his usual uniform: khaki pants and golf shirt. 

"Nope," he said. " Heading for Chicago.  Going to tour Notre Dame and watch a game Saturday."

"And who are the Irish scheduled to lose to on Saturday?" I asked.

"Air Force," he said.

"Ah."

" Well, how's retirement going?" he asked. " It looks like you're still sober.  Frankly, I'm surprised."

"No, I haven't started my days with orange vodka yet."

" This is just your 4th day.  Give it time. Ease into it. I have faith in you." 

"Hey!  Thanks for caring!"

" No problem," he said as he pulled away. "Will call you when I get back.  I got you on the sub list at the school."

" Great!" I said. 

"Go Air Force!"

No comments: