Sunday, August 20, 2006

Check this out

I thought my buddy PM had better sense and better things to do than to start a blog. But here he is lowering himself to participate in the blogosphere: http://strangepup.blogspot.com . Blogs, like dogs, tend to have stupid names. Despite the fact that the late and lamented Coalie figures prominently in the iconography of his blog, I refuse to believe that "strangepup" refers to the regal Coal. Sherpa, the little dog, is far stranger than Coal ever was.

I suspect that he is dipping his toe in here to have some fun. It's a blog. Any nut, such as myself, can do this. He's a serious journalist. He doesn't have to fool with this. But here he is. My guess is that he's here to have fun.

As I type this, I am watching an NFL preseason game. It is halftime. They are discussing fantasy league football. Really they are.

It's crazy out there. I'm glad to commend one of my best friends to your attention.

No comments: