Monday, August 16, 2010

Vox Populi: The Security Point in the Federal Building

The are security points at the public entrance of most government buildings. Just like at the airport, you have to go through a scanner while the guards question you about your clothing or any metal objects you may have in your possession. So it was this morning as I walked past except that I heard the following exchange between a security guard and a gentleman about to be scanned.

Guard: Please remove your belt, your watch, and place keys and wallet in the basket.

Visitor: I got a bullet in my ass.

Guard: I'm sorry?

Visitor: I got a bullet in my ass. It may set the machine off.

Guard: I guess there's a first time for everything. Thanks for telling me. Come on through.

Didn't stay long enough to see whether he got through without use of the wand or not.

No comments: