Monday, February 22, 2010

Vox Populi: Revival Catchers

My buddy JR hadn't heard the news about faith healing evangelist Benny Hinn's wife filing for divorce.

JR: No! You're kidding!

Me: No! Get on the Internet and see for yourself.

JR: I wonder if he fell out when he got served with the divorce papers.

Me: Fell out?

JR: You know what I'm talking about. The afflicted that turn to him for healing always fall out after Pastor Hinn lays his hands upon them.

Me: I dunno. He would be more likely to fall out when he gets the subpoena for his bank records.
JR: You know what? If we ever get tired of practicing law we could become revival catchers.

Me: Huh?

JR: We could get hired to catch folks after Pastor Hinn heals them. Those guys that you see doing it on TV? Bet they don't do that for free.

Me: What do you think an experienced revival catcher could make in this economy?

JR: I don't know but it's got to beat practicing law. And it would be more useful besides.

JR may be on to something. Still, I would think that Pastor Hinn's most immediate need will be the services of a Charlatan Catcher when he gets hit with a Notice of Deposition from his wife.

Wonder where you can apply for that?

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I am sure there is some great money and some equally bad karma. I don't think you should risk it.