Friday, July 10, 2009

Vox Populi: The Dreamer

NV were out to dinner the other night. One of her girlfriends came to your table. NV introduced Victoria to me. After the usual small talk, Victoria went back to her table.

NV: I almost couldn't recall her name.

Me: Oh, I know. I'm terrible at remembering names.

NV: No, I'm good at names it's just that Victoria wasn't her name originally.

Me: I'm not following you.

NV: Yeah. Her birth name was Janelle. She had it changed legally to Victoria.

Me: Why did she change her name?

NV: She was told to in a dream.

Me: She changed her name from Janelle to Victoria because she was told to in a dream?

NV: Yeah. That's pretty much it.

Me: You're kidding.

NV: Noooooo.....

Me: But......that's insane.

NV: Yes!

I suppose that's more interesting than a need to defraud your creditors or something. But still.

That's crazy.

1 comment: