Tuesday, May 05, 2009

Vox Populi: My Friend Barbara

I ran into Barbara at the pharmacy the other day. I hadn't seen her in awhile what with one thing and the other going on. We actually dated a little after I moved back to Little Rock. Despite that fact, she always is glad to see me and gives me a big hug. Yesterday was no different.

tmfw: So what's new with you?

MFB: Actually, I have gone back to school.

tmfw: No kidding? What are you studying?

MFB: I am in my last year of a 3 year program to get a degree in Speech Pathology.

tmfw: Wow! That's great! How's it going?

MFB: It's going really well. I just love it.

tmfw: Lord, I could never go back to school.

MFB: You'd be surprised. Before long that little brain of yours would kick right on in again just as good as new. If mine did yours would.

tmfw: Yeah, but you haven't fucked yours up through years of practicing law.

A serious look clouded her pretty face. She put her hand on my shoulder.

MFB: Excellent point. Forget everything I just said.

No comments: