Tuesday, October 28, 2008

E Pluribus Haters


I love this picture! This is a kid at the church Halloween Carnival who went dressed as Sarah Palin. By the time I got to her she had mislaid her fake glasses and was far more interested in the cotton candy than in posing for me. But she was a sport about and I got her before she jammed all that blue stuff in her mouth.
I sent this around to many of my friends. You know, cute kid in a great costume. That sort of thing.
The responses to the picture were unbelievably partisan. My Republican friends-and yes I do have them-were inordinately pleased by her choice of costume. Some of my Democratic friends were appalled.
Here's my advice. Chill. I mean, Godalmighty. It's a kid in a costume. It means nothing more than if there were a skinny black kid in a dark suit in attendance pretending to be Obama. I would find that equally hilarious and would have taken his picture.
It was Halloween.
Lighten the hell up.
Have I mentioned that I will be really glad when this damn election is over?

4 comments:

Melissa said...

I thought dressing up as scary things was the whole point of Halloween. sheesh.

Anonymous said...

I think she's adorable, much as I do not think SP is adorable.

I'm with you on the lighten up thing. It's a COSTUME.

I'm working Thursday and Friday. Maybe I can make it to next Tuesday if I am gainfully employed and therefore distracted from all the slime.

lucy

PM said...

It's not Halloween until tomorrow.Just sayin.

tmfw said...

Mmmmmmm thanks for checking in....