Saturday, April 24, 2010

Vox Populi: Some Asshole At Starbucks

I went to the SB by my house to get some iced tea before embarking on my errands. The guy ahead of me apparently knew the kid behind the counter.

"Man, I need some coffee. I was out pretty late last night," he said as he stretched and yawned.

"You must've been having a good time," the kid behind the counter said.

" I had too good a time. I was about halfway drunk and rear-ended somebody in front of the police station.

" No shit?" said the kid. "What happened? Did you get arrested?"

" Arrested? I didn't even get a ticket."

"No!'

" Swear to God. The other guy's car wasn't damaged. I just bumped him. But that ain't exactly where I needed to have a fender bender under these circumstances. So I got the hell out of there."

My luck ain't that good. If I had been in his shoes, I would be posting this from the Pulaski County Jail.

Amazing.

No comments: