Thursday, January 22, 2009

Vox Populi: The Consumptive

I was in the gym the other night when a lady I had never seen before went into a prolonged coughing fit while on the pull down machine. The cough was shallow and non-productive. I recognized it as I cough like that. Here is the following amazing exchange:

Grant the Trainer: Ma'am are you OK?

Lady: Yes..cough...I'm fine thanks.....I have asthma...cough cough..

Me: I thought so! I have asthma too. I have an inhaler in the car. Let me run out...

Lady: No...no..cough...I'm fine. I ONLY DO THIS WHEN I GET HOT.

"Well, no shit you only do this when you get hot," I thought to myself. "It's called exercise induced asthma. Duh."

Some people you just can't reach.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

nice Cool Hand Luke reference!
Floaty

Fivehead said...

As Engval says, "Here's your sign."