Thursday, June 22, 2006

Hell You Say

I am just now getting around to my edition of Golfworld that was published before the US Open. They interviewed Phil Mickelson, who when asked about the alleged reinvention of his earlier wildassed game, said and I quote:

" I've changed the way I play aggressively. I've taken a step back and become conservative in some areas so I can be aggressive in others. Instead of bombing a driver off a par 5 and leaving myself a 3-iron from the rough, I'm better off hitting a 3-wood off the tee and leaving myself a 3-wood from the fairway. (emphasis supplied.)"

Really. He said that.

All I can say is that Phil must have been struck with amnesia when he got to the par-4 # 18 on Sunday because he pulled out the driver that had been misfiring for him all afternoon and he promptly hit one to the moon.

I cannot possibly make this stuff up.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I think the course did not set up well for him !!!!!